Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home4/tsocket/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-functions.php on line 608
Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home4/tsocket/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-functions.php on line 609
active 18 years ago
Tattoos date back to the 1700s and, over the past few decades, most stigmas that were previously associated with the tattoo culture have disappeared. What had historically been a form of artistic expression for males only—particularly in the military—became a mainstream phenomenon. Today, tattoos can be seen everywhere and their popularity continues to explode.
Tattoos generally fall into three categories. Symbolic tattoos carry some special, often private, meaning to the wearer. To a general onlooker, the tattoo may not mean or represent anything but it nonetheless often holds important and personal meaning. Decorative tattoos are purely for decoration but do not have significant personal meaning. Examples of decorative tattoos include solid bands, scrollwork and beading. Overwhelmingly, the most popular category is pictorial tattoos—a depiction of a specific image or person. Pictorial tattoos can be absolutely anything…a turtle, a car, a superhero, an actual person, a date, a warrior, a spider, an anchor and the list goes on and on.
The process of “getting inked” is relatively simple. A person dreams up her or his perfect tattoo, selects a trusted studio and artist, the artist accepts payment and preparations can begin. While the actual tattooing may take as little as an hour for a small piece, meticulous and religious post-tattoo care—also known as “aftercare”—is imperative and arguably the most important step in your tattoo journey, regardless of size. Beginning as soon as the artist finishes, proper tattoo care is essential in order to keep a tattoo sharp, crisp, colorful and infection-free for an entire lifetime.
Strict adherence to aftercare procedures aids in the quick and uniform healing of a tattoo. Any reputable tattoo artist will give clients aftercare instructions, both verbally and also electronically or on paper. Regardless, most will eventually still have specific questions regarding their unique situation—whether proper healing is occurring, what can and cannot be applied, what to do about specific coloring or skin reactions and much more.
To assist with aftercare concerns, here are some helpful dos and don’ts:
• Be diligent in keeping the tattoo clean. This helps avoid potentially severe skin infections caused by nasty bacteria and germs.
• Drink plenty of water and follow a healthy diet plan which will, in turn, promote healthy skin.
• Apply proper moisturizer to a tattoo on a regular basis to sufficiently nourish to the tattooed skin.
• Use specially developed tattoo care lotions and other related products which can contribute to the long-term beauty and clarity of tattoos.
• Never, under any circumstances, remove peeling skin or scabs. The tattoo ink may pull out along with the skin or scab.
• Do not expose a new tattoo to the sun, as the recently-tattooed skin is extremely sensitive and can be severely damaged by sun’s UV rays.
• Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes for a few days after being tattooed. They may rub against the sensitive area, resulting in a painful abrasion, rash and other skin issue.
• Do not wash a newly-tattooed area with hot water until it is completely healed, as this can further irritate skin which is already extremely sensitive.
While there are various tattoo aftercare products on the market, it is important to select top-quality goods from a respected and trusted source to ensure that the healing process properly runs its course. Green Goo is one of these trusted suppliers and its exclusive line of tattoo care products are derived from 100% natural oils and herbs. Its tattoo lotion, for example is formulated with all natural products to keep skin free of inflammation and infections. Green Goo infuses dried and fresh herbs into organic oils—rather than following the standard, mass-market method of using pre-made extracts—to increase the medicinal value of its products. Green Goo is committed to using only the highest-quality ingredients and delivering simple, safe and effective products to its customers.
About Green Goo:
Green Goo is a renowned and trusted online retailer which offers an array of natural skin care products including natural deodorant, tattoo lotions, soaps and massage creams at competitive prices. All products are manufactured using natural and effective ingredients to provide valued customers with optimal results.
For more information, please visit Greengoohelps.com